My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
From time to time, it's not uncommon to experience stress in our everyday lives, no matter who you are. It's a part of life. When we feel stressed, it affects our whole body, including our hair, skin, and nails. So, what does that mean for our skin? Have you ever noticed that you tend to break out more and have skin issues when you're stressed? When it rains, it pours. The breakouts are partly caused by the stress you're experiencing. Stress causes our bodies to make cortisol, a hormone that tells our glands to produce more oil. This oil causes acne and other skin problems.
Stress can also make certain skin issues worse. Conditions such as rosacea, eczema, and psoriasis can be worsened and aggravated further by stress. On top of all this, stress can cause wrinkles by causing a loss in elasticity. Of course, men don't want to gray any earlier either but stress can do that too.
Even though there's no way to escape stress forever, it's how we handle it that can make a difference and avoid unwanted skin issues and body issues.
Methods to reduce your stress levels and keep your skin on track:
- Exercise regularly. Exercising has positive effects on your skin and the rest of your body. Not only is it a distraction, but it can lower your stress levels.
- Rest. This can't be stressed enough. Make sure you're getting at least 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Regardless of how long your day was, don't forget to tend to your skin. Morning and night, be sure you're sticking to your routine. So, come home and wash your face with your favorite Profile face wash and do your routine.
- Take a walk. Sometimes just taking a stroll and disconnecting for a moment is what it takes to lower your stress levels. Always take time for yourself.
- Talk to a friend. Venting about an issue or discussing what's bothering you can help deal with stress levels.
There will always be unexpected events in our lives, but how we deal with them can help fight against the adverse effects stress has on our hair, skin, and nails. By managing our anxiety with the methods we discussed, we can help fight the signs of aging and keep our skin clear.